"Food is thy medicine and medicine is thy food". A quote from Hippocrates. And it´s so true. Just think about it: If you think about the food as your fuel and the fuel is what gets you going, it makes more sense, doesn´t it? Here you´ll get a lot of inspiration and information on how diet can affect your health. How you can take charge of your own life and health. Here you´ll find suggestions on what you can do to feel better.
Primarily the focus is on facts, studies, testimonials and my own experiences on diet and endometriosis. Diet can help if you have problems with digestion, pain, inflammation, and imbalance in the hormone system. Many different illnesses and symptoms have improved by a modified diet. Not only for gynecological diseases but also for example: diabetes, bowel disorders, autoimmune diseases, etc.. The dietary recommendation that you´ll get here is inspired from the so-called "Endodiet" but when you look closely at what the diet focuses on, you can see that it is similar to other dietary recommendations for other illnesses. Basically it's about eating natural food that helps the body to start functioning properly again.
Unfortunately, our diet in modern times has taken a wrong turn and we do not eat what we from the beginning of the evolution were meant to eat. By eating foods that your body wants and needs, you can improve your health a lot. The information you´ll get here will give you a clue o what you can try, so you can affect your own health. We are all different and respond differently to different things. Feel what your body wants and needs. Take it at your own pace and try things out, notice what feels good for you. Explore exciting new recipes that you can do!
One advice is to keep a journal of what you eat and how you feel. That will help you to figure out how the diet affects you. Get help of a nutritionist if you´re insecure and need more detailed help with diet.
What can diet do to make you feel better?
The diet described here and recommended:
• Is anti-inflammatory
• Strengthens the immune system and increases your energy
• Is hormone balancing
• Is non-allergenic
• Builds serotonin, which is pain-blocking
• Boost the brain and nervous system health.
• Strengthens the liver's cleansing process.
When you eat this kind of food you can feel that you become less swollen, have reduced pain, cramps subside, you lose weight and you feel more energized. You simply feel better!
A summary what you can focus on when it comes to food:
- Animal products: Meat, farmed fish and fish from unclean water. Dairy products: Milk, cheese, butter and cream
- Vegetable oils: Corn oil, safflower oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, rapeseed oil, margarine
- Grains: Wheat, rye and barley
- Beverages: Coffee, alcohol, sodas and other sweetened beverages
- Sugar: White refined sugar, different types of starches
- Additives: Synthetic dyes, preservatives, anti-caking agents and flavor enhancers
- Oils: Virgin cold-pressed olive oil, virgin cold-pressed coconut oil
- Vegetables: eat a lot of green vegetables and raw
- Legumes: Kidney beans, green beans, chickpeas...
- Grains: Millet, quinoa, amaranth, rice, buckwheat and oats (gluten-free)
- Fish: Wild caught and fatty fish, such as salmon, mackerel
- Small amount of nuts / seeds, unroasted
- Organic produce
- Drink plenty of water
More interesting articles about food will come!
Popular blog posts
A Breathing Meditation that helps to re-energize, detox & beat the heat
A quick health tip for your back and shoulders
A Yoga pose for sensitive people
How to get less affected by people
A Breathing exercise for anxiety & depression
Are you struggling with anxiety?
Five ways to get rid of your headcahe
One minute meditation
Yoga to start your day
Do you want to
LOWER YOUR STRESS, get more relaxed in your hips & pelvis and MORE BALANCED & EMPOWERED?
Get your ⤵
Helen Kåselöv is a yoga teacher and yoga therapist and the founder of Healing from within with yoga & food (former Yoga for Endometriosis & Pelvic pain). Helen has a history of severe endometriosis and is today helping women with endometriosis, PCOS, uterine fibroids and other pelvic pain online, with yoga, nutrition and other lifestyle changes. Using yoga both as a tool in different kinds of healing programs, pain management, yoga has become the foundation in her work. “Yoga can help you in so many ways: Physically, mentally, spiritually and as a personal development tool.”